Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why are computer programs in TV shows not like those in real world?

As a programmer... I know most enterprise/business programmers do not have much time to invest in UI. A fews days ago, I and a few others had a lunch meeting with the head of our department. He said, "one of the easiest trap that the utility developer can get in is to make their programs fancy. The most important thing is to deliver the product market as fast as we can."

Yet, when I watch TV shows like "Criminal Minds" I see all kinds of animating, fluid, colorful applications on monitors. They even generates fancy sound effects. I never see any business application that has sound effects! These TV shows are not sci-fi movies, but supposed to be depicting real life. How come the programs in those shows are so not real?

This gives general people a false impresstion.

No comments: